Wednesday, May 6, 2015

February-May: Preparation

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
       Lao-Tzu


Dave and I don't plan to take a 1,000 mile journey, but we are taking a 500 mile one. That's the physical part of it. The rest of the "journey" is something else entirely. For the past 10 weeks, we've  been preparing physically for the adventure. Is the physical part the hard part or is it the mental part? I guess we'll find out. We're  hoping to be open to all contingencies and I've planned the trip - perhaps too much. Even with the planning, I'm "trying" to be mellow. I "need" to be mellow.
Yvon Chouinard said, "It's not an adventure unless something goes wrong." We have less than a month until our adventure begins. Here are a few pictures of our hikes in the last two months. Bring on the adventure!






2 comments:

  1. Love it -- can't wait for the first thing to go "not as entirely planned" -- I would agree that is what makes an adventure. Barb

    ReplyDelete